Statement of Purpose of the Slovak Studies Association
The Slovak Studies Association (SSA) was founded in 1977 and in 1983 was incorporated as a scholarly not-for-profit organization [501 (c) (3)] in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The primary goals* of the SSA remain:
- To promote interdisciplinary scholarly research, publication, and teaching related to the Slovak experience the world over
- To help scholars interested in Slovak studies remain in contact
- To sponsor panels and sessions on Slovak themes at scholarly conferences
- To act as a clearinghouse for information concerning Slovak studies
- To issue a newsletter for its members annually
- To conduct all its activities in accordance with absolute academic freedom and completely devoid of partiality to any particular philosophical, political, or religious orientation.
The Slovak Studies Association works because members keep one another informed. We invite–in fact we need–your contributions. We encourage everyone to submit information and articles for possible inclusion on the association’s website and in its newsletter. Please review our Statement of Purpose and send materials or inquiries to email@example.com.
We seek information of an academic/scholarly nature in accordance with the stated purpose of the association: “to promote interdisciplinary scholarly research, publication, and teaching related to the Slovak experience the world over, to help scholars interested in Slovak studies be in contact, to sponsor panels and sessions on Slovak themes at scholarly conferences, and to act as a clearinghouse for information concerning Slovak studies.” We also gladly consider publishing non-academic information and materials as long as it relates directly to the field of Slovak studies.
Please send materials or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our associated pages for more information:
*(This statement of purpose based on Article II -“Purposes” of the 1984 revised bylaws of the Slovak Studies Association).